Thursday, March 1, 2007

Its a matter of perspective...

It’s a crazy thing, no matter how much stuff I have, how many friends I have, how much goof-off time I have, I still think sometimes that I need more to be happy. I’m not really thankful, content, with what I have. Whacked huh? Like just the other day I thought: "I need a new surfboard. THEN I’ll be set! I’ll really be happy then. I’m not happy now, not with only the three surfboards I’ve already got. I need another one." Its foolishness really, because I have so much. I’ve got friends, a loving wife, two great kids, and most importantly I have an eternity with God in Heaven to look forward to. Yet there I was, feeling down because I don’t have a killer new long board like I see other guys riding. Silly huh? But don’t we all find ourselves feeling un-thankful?
Check it, the bible tells us:

"give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

In ALL circumstances give thanks it says. Not just when you’ve got everything you want, and its all going your way. In All circumstances! Even when I feel rejected by others? Even when I can’t have what I want? Even when I’m sick, hurt, or lonely; I’m supposed to give thanks?!!!
Our Heavenly Father desires us to live each moment with a thankful heart, full of joy - regardless of our circumstances. Why? Because this reveals our trust in Him, in Jesus. How? It’s all a matter of perspective. When you discover a relationship with Jesus, the King of Kings, the Lord of all, the Creator, the giver of eternal life and happiness, then and only then will you be stoked no matter what this earthly life brings your way. Jesus promises us a life everlasting. And a life where ALL of our needs are met and taken care of by the same God who created us and wants nothing but the best for us! God became a man in Jesus and went to the cross to die for our wrong doings to make it possible for us to spend eternity with him! This may not mean you get the killer new video game system that just came out, or the coolest deck and the fastest wheels at the skate shop, but you will have joy and happiness. Eternal life, forgiveness of sins, and relationship with God are things the Christian has to be thankful for in ALL circumstances. These other things just are not that important in comparison.
Here are some awesome verses:

"For the joy of the Lord is our strength." Nehemiah 8:10

"God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble." Psalm 46:1

"Then I will rejoice in the Lord. I will be glad because he rescues me." Psalm 35:9

Jesus said: " My purpose is to give life in all its fullness." John 10:10

Accept today what Jesus came to give: "life in all its fullness". Ask him to be your Lord and Savior, you will be thankful for all eternity!

Sk8 4 God’s three core values: Courage, Wisdom, and Honor!

God is the source of all wisdom. Pray to him for understanding, read the bible, and he will guide you to a life of thankfulness. You can have so much in Him, nothing else really matters!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

-RC

No comments: